"...I trusted in the Almighty… I knew I could only be killed once,
and I had to die sometime."
-Anne Bailey, 1823

Monday, August 16

Because I know Anne Bailey as I do, I strongly suspect that she would never be so inclin'd to make a post such as this. Therefore I believe it up to me to do so upon her behalf.

In my recent readings I discover'd a posting in the journal of Mr. & Mrs. Cummings about our Anne, and wanted to take a few moments to share it with you, dear reader.

I would respectfully request that you see the journal entry for yourself, and know that if, in your affairs, I can render you any acceptable service, I beg you will use that freedom with which I wish you to command, my dear Friend,

Your most humble and obedient servant,

the Doctor

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, The Doctor hath writ us a kind note and further took the liberty to place it within my journal! And isn't he a fine one! We are ever so pleased to know such a fine fellow as he.

    The good Mr. and Mrs. Cummings too are much to be thanked as they have sketched so many fine and moving images of us within their journal as well. We are much blessed to count them as friends!

    ReplyDelete